Recipe by Chef# 616082
A delicious and nutritious gluten free muffin that bakes well and freezes great.
Top Review by jtrane
Great, healthy muffin! I tweaked the recipe...actually doubled it and used 1t xanthan gum, some potato starch to stretch the arrowroot powder and 3 eggs (only had a little flax) then, because it seemed too dry, added some coconut milk and crossed my fingers! Viola, they were perfect! Going to be making this recipe A LOT!!
- 236.59 ml brown rice flour
- 118.29 ml gluten-free oats, ground or 118.29 ml sorghum
- 59.14 ml flax seed, ground
- 118.29 ml arrowroot or 118.29 ml other starch
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml guar gum
- 28.34 g chia seeds, ground (two tablespoons)
- 9.85 ml apple pie spice (or 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon each of nutmeg & cloves and a pinch of ginger)
- 2.46 ml celtic sea salt
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml light brown sugar
- 118.29 ml coconut oil or 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 354.88 ml carrots, grated finely
- 236.59 ml crushed pineapple, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl whisk together the brown rice flour, ground oats, arrowroot, baking powder and soda, guar gum, ground chia, spice and salt.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs, add the sugars, oil and vanilla, mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing well.
- Fold in the carrots and pineapple.
- Let sit for 30 minutes to allow the gum time to work.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 to 25 minutes.