Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious and nutritious gluten free muffin that bakes well and freezes great.
Make and share this Gluten Free Pineapple Carrot Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free oats, ground or 1⁄2 cup sorghum
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed, ground
- 1⁄2 cup arrowroot or 1⁄2 cup other starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 ounce chia seeds, ground (two tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice (or 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon each of nutmeg & cloves and a pinch of ginger)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, grated finely
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- In a large bowl whisk together the brown rice flour, ground oats, arrowroot, baking powder and soda, guar gum, ground chia, spice and salt.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs, add the sugars, oil and vanilla, mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing well.
- Fold in the carrots and pineapple.
- Let sit for 30 minutes to allow the gum time to work.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 to 25 minutes.