Chef# 616082's Note:
A delicious and nutritious gluten free muffin that bakes well and freezes great.
My Private Note
small m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats, ground or 1/2 cup sorghum
- 1/4 cup flax seed, ground
- 1/2 cup arrowroot or 1/2 cup other starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 ounce chia seeds, ground (two tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice (or 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon each of nutmeg & cloves and a pinch of ginger)
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, grated finely
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1In a large bowl whisk together the brown rice flour, ground oats, arrowroot, baking powder and soda, guar gum, ground chia, spice and salt.
- 2In a medium bowl beat the eggs, add the sugars, oil and vanilla, mix well.
- 3Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing well.
- 4Fold in the carrots and pineapple.
- 5Let sit for 30 minutes to allow the gum time to work.
- 6Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 to 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Pineapple Carrot Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.2
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 259.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apple pie spice