Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A basic pie or tart pastry, good for either sweet or savoury fillings.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl; stir.
- Stir oil, applesauce, and milk together; add to dry mixture.
- Mix until it forms a ball; roll between 2 sheets of waxed paper or press into a greased 9" pie plate.
- Prick with a fork and bake in a preheated 400* oven for 10-15 minutes for a baked pie shell.
- Fill before baking if the recipe calls for an unbaked pie shell.