I have not tried this yet, but have been searching long and hard for such a recipe. From message board poster jenvan at celiac.com. Time and yield are estimates. Update 1/2/07: I finally tried this recipe! It was delicious and fairly easy to work with, but I was not able to roll it as thinly as I would have liked. I thought it tasted more like pie crust than phyllo dough, but everyone loved the flavor! This may become my new GF pie crust recipe! If anyone figures out how to roll it really thin I'd love to hear how you accomplished it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together rice flour, sweet rice flour, xanthan gum and gelatin.
- 2Make a well in dry ingredients large enough to hold the liquids.
- 3Lightly beat egg with ¼ C milk, butter and honey.
- 4Pour this into well in dry ingredients.
- 5Mix everything together until you have a soft dough. (Depending on brand of rice flour, you may want to stir in more milk).
- 6Wrap dough in plastic wrap until ready to use for your favorite holiday pastry.
- 7Store in refrigerator if not using immediately.
- 8*Use margarine or oil to make dairy-free dough.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Phyllo Dough
Serving Size: 1 (550 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1055.8
- Calories from Fat 466
- Total Fat 51.8 g
- Saturated Fat 31.2 g
- Cholesterol 232.0 mg
- Sodium 379.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 131.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: