Recipe by LARavenscroft
In my quest for gluten-free, yeast-free pizza, I'm always trying different things to get that pizza taste that I crave but can't have. One day a few months ago I was really craving pizza while I was at the grocery store, so I bought some pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni and mozarella cheese and this is what I came up with. Not quite the same thing as the pizza I remember, but a pretty close second and it's ready in a pinch! Note: I've also made this with Italian turkey sausage or just plain cheese depending on my mood.
- 1 tortilla (I use Food 4 Life's Brown Rice Flour Tortillas)
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce (WalMart's Great Value brand is GF)
- 8 slices turkey pepperoni (Hormel brand is GF)
- 1⁄4 cup 2% mozzarella cheese (Kraft)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread one half of the tortilla with the pizza sauce.
- Top with half of the cheese.
- Top with pepperoni.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Fold top over.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat.
- Spray with oil.
- Place quesadilla on grill pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes and flip.
- Cook for about 2-3 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and enjoy!