Recipe by Pugs-N-Apps
This is a wonderful gluten free version of the Pecan Tassies that everyone loves to enjoy. They are a blessing for those celiacs that love pecan pie with a flakey crust! Plus everyone can enjoy them - You won't believe that they are gluten free! Optional Touches -- Lightly touch the bottoms of the baked tassies onto a plate filled with sugar (It gives it a bit of a sugar cookie taste) or add a touch of cool whip to the top of each.
Top Review by hippogryff
Really enjoyed it. I used Carol Fenster's sorghum flour blend, honey instead of sugar (possibly a little less honey than sugar, i didn't measure exactly), and 2 tsp Ener-G egg replacer instead of the egg, and lowered the baking temperature to 300 (when you use honey as a substitute, you usually lower the temperature 25 degrees). I didn't have a mini muffin pan, so made them as cookies (rolled the dough into balls and made impressions with the bottom of my tablespoon measure to fill up with pecan mixture). Got good reviews from the friends who tried it, and my family loved them! Thanks so much!
Mini Pie Crust
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (Philly brand)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (Bob's Red Mill GF All purpose flour, available at Kroger and online)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum (Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract (Avail thru the Gluten Free Pantry online)
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- ***Mini Pie Crust Instructions***.
- Using a whisk combine the GF flour, Xanthan Gum& 2 tbl spoon sugar in a in a bowl, Mix and set aside.
- Using a mixer combine the cream cheese, butter and sugar until it is creamy.
- Then slowly ad the GF flour mix you had set aside to the cream cheese mixture, continue to mix until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for atleast 30 minute.
- ***Pecan Filling Instructions***.
- Using a mixer combine the pecans, brown sugar, vanilla, butter and egg until well blended.
- Set aside.
- ***Pie Assembly***.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Seperate the refrigerated pie crust into 24 equal amounts (spoon or roll into balls).
- Press the seperated batter into a mini muffin pan, making sure that you press it all the way up the sides.
- Fill each crust with a heaping mound of the filling.
- Bake for approximately 30 min or until the crust is lightly browned.
- Let cool and remove your mini pies from the pan (I found a butter knife helpful to remove without damaging the Tassies).