Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
I found this GF peanut butter cookie recipe on a few sites, but I made a few modifications and added some extra goodies to make these similar to my mother's Peanut Butter Kisses cookies she made at Christmas time.
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml peanut butter (about, usually a bit less)
- chocolate chips (optional, but so good!) (optional)
- cinnamon-sugar mixture, to be used later (I just eyeball this part, need enough to roll in the dough)
- - Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- - Grease a baking sheet.
- - Mix both sugars, vanilla, egg and peanut butter in a large bowl (using a large wooden spoon works, some recipes call for a hand mixer).
- - Once smooth roll into small balls (about the size of a dollar coin)
- - Roll the balls in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and place on the cookie sheet leaving space for them to expand.
- - Place the completed cookie sheet in the oven for 8-11 minutes.
- - Take the cookie sheet out and promptly place a few chocolate chips (morsels or whatever you have) in the center of the cookie while they are still hot and soft.
- - Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for another 2-3 minutes and then remove.
These are my go-to PB cookies - for Christmas trays, anytime I need to make a treat for a friend with Celiac's, when I need a PC cookie fix...YUM. <br/><br/>I can't believe more people haven't rated these, they're GREAT!
oh man! these cookies were great and so much fun to make! my husband LOVED them! the chocolate on top was a great addition! proportions were perfect and the flavor was addicting! Im definitely gonna add this to my list of favorite gluten-free products!