Recipe by Chef Deda
I found this GF peanut butter cookie recipe on a few sites, but I made a few modifications and added some extra goodies to make these similar to my mother's Peanut Butter Kisses cookies she made at Christmas time.
Top Review by meringue mama
These are my go-to PB cookies - for Christmas trays, anytime I need to make a treat for a friend with Celiac's, when I need a PC cookie fix...YUM. <br/><br/>I can't believe more people haven't rated these, they're GREAT!
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup peanut butter (about, usually a bit less)
- chocolate chips (optional, but so good!) (optional)
- cinnamon-sugar mixture, to be used later (I just eyeball this part, need enough to roll in the dough)
Directions See How It's Made
- - Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- - Grease a baking sheet.
- - Mix both sugars, vanilla, egg and peanut butter in a large bowl (using a large wooden spoon works, some recipes call for a hand mixer).
- - Once smooth roll into small balls (about the size of a dollar coin)
- - Roll the balls in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and place on the cookie sheet leaving space for them to expand.
- - Place the completed cookie sheet in the oven for 8-11 minutes.
- - Take the cookie sheet out and promptly place a few chocolate chips (morsels or whatever you have) in the center of the cookie while they are still hot and soft.
- - Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for another 2-3 minutes and then remove.