Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These Gluten Free peanut butter cookies are very soft and tasty. They are also a Whole Grain. My kids love these cookies and so do my co-workers they do not know they are gluten free.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 Stick)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup rice flour (any rice flour will do)
- 3⁄4 cup quinoa (flakes, found in most health food store)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Beat honey, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla in medium bowl until creamy.
- Combine rice flour, quinoa flakes, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Add to mixture and beat until well blended.
- Add nuts and chocolate chips at this time if desired.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet.
- Yields about 3 dozen.