Recipe by MCaram
This recipe comes from: http://www.texanerin.com/2012/04/grain-free-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip.html These are wonderful, I've made them twice now!
Top Review by Raquel Grinnell
Make sure to drain, rinse and dry the chickpeas! And If you need grain-free baking powder, you can use 1 part cream of tartar + 1 part baking soda + 2 parts arrowroot as a substitution. They're yummy! The honey can be subbed for agave nectar, too.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (or as many as you like!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they're combined.
- Put in the chocolate chips and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice.
- The mixture will be very thick and sticky. With wet hands, form into 1 1/2" balls. Place onto a Silpat or a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don't do much rising.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Yields about twenty four cookie dough balls.