Recipe by Elana's Pantry
This lightly sweetened, gluten free peach crisp is delicious on its own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by IrishHeart
I made several substitutions. I used 1 cups sorghum flour and 1/2 coconut flour because I wanted to avoid almond flour. I used coconut oil and reduced the salt to 1/2 tsp. I really don't know why you need salt at all, and the instructions don't tell you when to add it. I could taste the salt so I'm glad I didn't use the full amount. I did not have arrowroot so I used tapioca starch instead. It turned out really good and I would make this again.
- 6 large peaches, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 1⁄2 cups blanched almond flour (Bob's Red Mill Blanched Almond Flour will NOT work!)
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peach slices in a large bowl, sprinkle with lemon juice, vanilla and arrowroot; toss to incorporate all ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, grapeseed oil and agave for topping.
- Place peach mixture in a 3 quart baking dish.
- Crumble topping over peaches.
- Bake covered at 350° for 1 hour, until peach juice is bubbling; remove cover and bake a few more minutes until topping is golden brown.