Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We made this recipe that I found online @ Notta Pasta web site. We had company and we wanted to make something gluten-free. It turned out very well and we enjoyed it throroughly. We were testing for future reference.
- 8 ounces gluten-free pasta (notta pasta linguini)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots or 1 small onion, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, crushed (optional)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 flat fillets anchovies
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- In skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter.
- Add onions, red pepper flakes (if using), garlic and anchovies.
- Saute for 1 to 2 minutes, breaking up anchovies with back of a spoon.
- Add the smoked salmon and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream, tarragon, salt and pepper. Be careful not to over-salt, as the smoked salmon is quite salty by itself.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat.
- Puree just 1/2 of the sauce in a blender or food processor, being careful of hot splatter.
- Return to skillet with the rest of sauce.
- Meanwhile, the water has come to a boil.
- Add Notta Pasta.
- Boil 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender but still firm (al dente).
- Watch cooking time carefully and check for texture.
- Drain and quickly rinse.
- Add to the sauce and toss.
- Serve with grated parmesan and garnish with chopped parsley.
I made this today and we enjoyed it very much. I used regular Barilla spaghetti rigate, onion, 1/2 a tsp of hot chilli flakes, light cream, considerably more parmesan, and everything else listed. Pureeing half of the sauce resulted in it being wonderfully rich and creamy. Thanks, DiScharf!