Recipe by Italiano Cuccina Signore
A light and tasty pasta salad treat great for any occasion. It's so good you can substitute wheat pasta for your non GF friends (but why, they'll never know if you don't tell them!) Note: For best results use Tinkyada brown rice spirals. This rice pasta is very easy to prepare and tolerant of overcooking without becoming mushy.
- 16 ounces brown rice pasta (Tinkyada spirals)
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts (toasted)
- 4 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1⁄2 red onion (finely diced)
- 4 ounces hard italian salami (small cubed)
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions (about 10 minutes in boiling water until al dente).
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano and set aside.
- Cool pasta in cold water and drain well.
- Add remaining ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Add olive oil mixture and mix well.
- Serve immediately or let marinate overnight in tight container.
- Note: To toast the pine nuts, pre-heat a skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts and stir occasionally until lightly browned.