Recipe by DoveChocolatierinKY
Don't be afraid of these if you don't have a gluten allergy or intolerance. These are excellent in texture and flavor! Cook 'em up in a cast iron skillet with shortening! Crispy and soft, yummy combination!
- 2 cups rice flour, white
- 2⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup flour, mixture above
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup milk, minus 1 tbs
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the Flour Mixture and set aside.
- Mix baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar with just 1 cup of the Flour Mixture.
- Pour the TBS of vinegar in a measuring cup and add enough milk to make 1 cup of liquid. Add the egg white and whisk to combine.
- In a separate dish, melt the butter and add the yolk and vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Add all liquid ingredients to the dry and mix until combined.
- Use approximately 1/4 cup batter per pancake and fry up in your favorite hot pan or griddle.
- We like these with Maple Syrup & butter. Mmmm!