Recipe by Queen Bead
This is a conversion of my mother's pancake recipe. They brown up nicely. Leftovers freeze well, and reheat quickly in the microwave for a fast, hot breakfast. Get the maple syrup ready!
Top Review by faerienotions
Great recipe! My family is gluten and dairy free (we used Rice milk in place of the milk in this recipe) and pancakes with a decent texture are hard to come by. For those that want fluffier pancakes.. I sub 1/2 tsp baking soda for the baking powder. Also, 1 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp cinnamon really make these sing!
- 3⁄4 cup gluten-free flour (I use Gluten-Free Flour Blend)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum or 1⁄2 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and cooking oil.
- Add milk mixture to the dry ingredients, and whisk until well blended.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat ungreased, non-stick frying pan to medium heat.
- Pour batter by spoonfuls onto the hot pan.
- Pancakes are ready to be turned over when the edges are no longer glossy, and the bubbles that pop stay open. To check the second side for doneness, you just have to lift an edge of the pancake up with a spatula and take a peek.