Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a conversion of my mother's pancake recipe. They brown up nicely. Leftovers freeze well, and reheat quickly in the microwave for a fast, hot breakfast. Get the maple syrup ready!
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and cooking oil.
- Add milk mixture to the dry ingredients, and whisk until well blended.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat ungreased, non-stick frying pan to medium heat.
- Pour batter by spoonfuls onto the hot pan.
- Pancakes are ready to be turned over when the edges are no longer glossy, and the bubbles that pop stay open. To check the second side for doneness, you just have to lift an edge of the pancake up with a spatula and take a peek.
Thanks, these were wonderful, my sons three and five years old. Loved them, I was only able to have one for myself. They were so fluffy, I had to substitute rice milk for milk and added Enjoy Life chocolate chips to make them fund for the kids. I will def make these again and again, but I will double the recipe next time.
Very easy and tasty. I added vanilla and used soured milk because that's what I always do for pancakes. Not sure why it needs to sit for ten minutes but I followed the directions and they turned out fairly fluffy. Not quite exactly the same texture as wheat (I'm very particular about texture so I probably noticed it more than most people). They tasted terrific. When I saw it makes 12-14 pancakes, with only 3/4 c of flour I didn't think that I'd get that many. I got 12 and a half (one mini pancake) and the rest were 3-4" in diameter. If you make pancakes like my husband, you'll probably only get 4. Next time I will double the recipe. Thanks for sharing your mom's recipe!
Great recipe! My family is gluten and dairy free (we used Rice milk in place of the milk in this recipe) and pancakes with a decent texture are hard to come by. For those that want fluffier pancakes.. I sub 1/2 tsp baking soda for the baking powder. Also, 1 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp cinnamon really make these sing!