Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Contains NO: wheat, gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, or dairy.
Make and share this Gluten Free Oven Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 enjoy life original bagels
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 whole chicken breasts, cut in half (4 pieces total)
- Split bagels in half.
- Dry out bagels by letting them air out over night or by heating in the oven. For the oven method, preheat the oven to 200°F Place on cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until bagels are crunchy. Cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 375°F.
- Place the dried bagels in a food processor and blend into fine crumbs. If you prefer, leave some pieces pea-size for added texture.
- Add seasonings to 1 cup bagel crumbs; save remaining crumbs for later. Add oil and mix with fork until coated. Place the crumb mixture in a shallow pan or plate and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together water and tapioca starch.
- Dip chicken into the liquid mixture and drain of any extra. Roll chicken in.
- crumb mixture until coated.
- Place coated chicken pieces in a shallow lightly greased pan. Bake for 15.
- minutes or until chicken is tender and juices come out clear. The internal temperature should be a minimum of 165°F Enjoy!
- * To make chicken breast cook more evenly, place the chicken on a piece of plastic wrap. Sprinkle a little water over the chicken and cover with another sheet of plastic wrap. Pound the thicker portion of the breast until it becomes a uniform thickness.