Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This Gluten Free Orange Cake is my version of Claudia Roden’s Gateau a l’Orange. This moist festive cake makes an ideal dish for holiday celebrations. Eat your heart out Starbucks! http://www.elanaspantry.com/orange-cake/
- Wash the oranges and boil them whole for 1 ½ hours, or until soft.
- Place oranges in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Process in eggs, agave, almond flour, salt and baking soda until well blended.
- Pour batter into a greased 9-Inch round cake pan.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.
Fabulous! Have never tried a recipe involving boiled fruit! Didn't know what to expect given the varied reviews, but for me it turned out beautifully. Don't judge on the flavour of the batter because the orange rind is overwhelming before it's baked. I always need gluten and sugar free recipes, so I'm thrilled to have this one now. Gluten free or not, this is just good. Hmmm..wonder if you could make this with lemon. ;) Thanks Elana.
It turned out beautiful, moist, delicious, and I received a highest praise from all including who are not on GF diet.
Outstanding recipe. It came out light and fluffy and it rose extremely well.