Recipe by PaulaG
I have been following a gluten free diet for several years and have been on the look out for a really good and easy apple crisp. The crust on this stays nice and crunchy. I used Apple Pie Filling - Canned or You Can Freeze It! for the filling. The recipe was modified from Living Without.
- 1 (32 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (gluten free blend for gluten free)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13 casserole with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a heavy skillet combine the oats and pecans. Cook over medium heat until oats have a toasty smell, stirring frequently.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the melted butter, toasted oats, flour blend, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Pour the melted butter over and toss to combine.
- Pour the apple pie filling into prepared casserole and sprinkle topping over. Place in preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and filling is bubbly.