2 hrs 15 mins
This is a remake of an old family recipe that we have had for Christmas for as long as I can remember. It is a steamed pudding with a sauce that you put over top of it. After finding out that I was gluten intolerant I thought that I would not get to enjoy it anymore, but I am very happy that I was able to recreate the recipe. I hope that you will enjoy it as much as my family does.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Ingredients for Pudding
- 1 cup suet, ground (beef fat)
- 1 cup raisins, ground
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free flour (a blend with xanthan gum)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 cup sour milk (or 1/2 tablespoon white distilled vinegar with enough milk to make a 1/2 cup)
- 1 egg
Ingredients for Sauce
- 1If making sour milk, mix your vinegar and milk together before you start and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 2Place ground suet and raisins in a large bowl. Mix with dry ingredients.
- 3Add wet ingredients. Dough will be stiff.
- 4Place in buttered pan. Cover tightly with wax paper or a cover. Place in a steamer for 2 hours or in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes with steam flowing in cooker with 5 pounds of pressure.
- 5Serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce. Recipe follows as follows:.
- 6Mix sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, and butter in a medium sauce pan.
- 7Add liquid ingredients.
- 8Over medium heat, bring to a boil and cook until sauce thickens.
- 9Serve over warm Christmas pudding.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Old Fashioned Christmas Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 996.8
- Calories from Fat 554
- Total Fat 61.6 g
- Saturated Fat 34.4 g
- Cholesterol 103.4 mg
- Sodium 447.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 97.9 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: