Recipe by jackandfiona
I have to give credit to Chelle_N for this recipe. I took a punt and replaced the flour in her Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - Dairy Free with gluten free flour and they turned out just great, and my kids love them. I have included the GF flour recipe first (first 4 ingredients). I didn't use as much sugar as her recipe said to use, and I left out the raisins 'cause my kids don't like them. They make for a reasonably healthy biscuit.
Top Review by Barbiedoll682002
Bob Red Mills has GLUTEN FREE oats now. Google or buy it at HFS. Be careful eating them at first, your system is not use to oat fiber and needs time to adjust. One smaller serving a week should be max at first. Some will have a problem with oats always, bc they gave a protein similar to gluten, but it is not gluten. For those I am sorry.
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1⁄4 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Stir together four, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Gradually beat into butter mixture.
- Stir in oats and raisins.
- Place teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet. They will spread a little.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place on rack to cool.