Recipe by oldworldtile
Finally a GF bread that tastes good! After months of testing, this recipe has replaced all bread in our household. Makes great sandwiches. The pumpkin and flax meal help to give the bread a look and texture that is closer to whole grain bread.
- 118.29 ml gluten-free oats
- 29.58 ml rice bran
- 236.59 ml hot water
- 2 eggs
- 29.58 ml coconut oil (melted)
- 29.58 ml maple syrup or 29.58 ml honey
- 9.85 ml apple cider vinegar
- 118.29 ml pumpkin puree
- 354.88 ml gluten-free flour (Bob's)
- 118.29 ml flax seed meal
- 14.79 ml xanthan gum
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 9.85 ml yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl pour 1 cup very hot water over 1/2 cup oats and rice bran. Set aside. In med bowl, mix together dry ingredients and set aside. Test temperature of oats, once warm start to:.
- In stand mixer add eggs and beat for a minute, then add all the rest of the liquid ingredients and beat for another minute. Add oat mixture and dry ingredients and blend for 3 to 4 minutes. Pour into greased breadpan and let rest in warm area for 1 hour. Most of the rising takes place during baking -- don't think it's not ready! Bake for one hour at 350. It may be a little less for some ovens, but usually it's best to bake a little longer than it looks like it needs. The flax will make the top appear a little darker.