Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Finally a GF bread that tastes good! After months of testing, this recipe has replaced all bread in our household. Makes great sandwiches. The pumpkin and flax meal help to give the bread a look and texture that is closer to whole grain bread.
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 tablespoons rice bran
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free flour (Bob's)
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- In small bowl pour 1 cup very hot water over 1/2 cup oats and rice bran. Set aside. In med bowl, mix together dry ingredients and set aside. Test temperature of oats, once warm start to:.
- In stand mixer add eggs and beat for a minute, then add all the rest of the liquid ingredients and beat for another minute. Add oat mixture and dry ingredients and blend for 3 to 4 minutes. Pour into greased breadpan and let rest in warm area for 1 hour. Most of the rising takes place during baking -- don't think it's not ready! Bake for one hour at 350. It may be a little less for some ovens, but usually it's best to bake a little longer than it looks like it needs. The flax will make the top appear a little darker.