Prep1 hr 30 mins
This is a very simple yeast bread recipe from Allergy Cooking With Ease, with no other flours than oat flour (grind oats in your blender). It turned out a little like a sponge bread in texture, but had a nice flavor and did not crumble when slicing. Has a bit of a sweet flavor (I used honey). I have tried a few gluten free breads, and this one turned out great on the first try. Didn't rise as much as I liked, but I'm wondering if that's because I used regular yeast, not quick-rise.
- Mix together the warm water, sugar or honey and yeast and let themixture stand for abotu 10 minutes or until foamy.
- Stir together the dry ingredients in a large stand mixer bowl; Add the yeast mixture and oil and beat the dough for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Scrape the dough from the beaters and sides into the bottom of the bowl and cover the bowl with a towel.
- Let rise in a warm place for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Beat the dough again for 3 minutes.
- Oil an 8x4-inch loaf pan and coat the inside with oatmeal. Put dough in the pan and allow to rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes, or unitl it barely doubles.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and bake the loaf for about 75 minutes, loosely covering with foil after the first 15 minutes to prevent excessive browning.