1/1 Photo of Gluten Free Oatmeal Bread
31 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
WI Cheesehead's Note:
This is a very simple yeast bread recipe from Allergy Cooking With Ease, with no other flours than oat flour (grind oats in your blender). It turned out a little like a sponge bread in texture, but had a nice flavor and did not crumble when slicing. Has a bit of a sweet flavor (I used honey). I have tried a few gluten free breads, and this one turned out great on the first try. Didn't rise as much as I liked, but I'm wondering if that's because I used regular yeast, not quick-rise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the warm water, sugar or honey and yeast and let themixture stand for abotu 10 minutes or until foamy.
- 2Stir together the dry ingredients in a large stand mixer bowl; Add the yeast mixture and oil and beat the dough for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- 3Scrape the dough from the beaters and sides into the bottom of the bowl and cover the bowl with a towel.
- 4Let rise in a warm place for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 5Beat the dough again for 3 minutes.
- 6Oil an 8x4-inch loaf pan and coat the inside with oatmeal. Put dough in the pan and allow to rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes, or unitl it barely doubles.
- 7Preheat oven to 350° F and bake the loaf for about 75 minutes, loosely covering with foil after the first 15 minutes to prevent excessive browning.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Oatmeal Bread
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.1
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 101.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: