Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A modified version of my Healthy Granola Mix, I was trying to achieve a gluten-free, low glycemic version of the granola we love to eat. Made with gluten-free oats, nuts, and seeds, this version contains no fruit.
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons golden flax seeds
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup chopped blanched almond
- 1⁄4 cup organic grapeseed oil (or coconut oil, or canola oil)
- 1⁄4 cup organic blue agave nectar
- Preheat the oven to 140 C / 275°F
- Mix together the oats, seeds and nuts in a bowl.
- Heat the oil and agave nectar in a large pan until warm and well blended. Remove the pan from heat.
- Add the oat mixture to the pan and stir well.
- Spread out on one or two baking sheets.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes until crispy, stirring occationally to prevent the mixture from sticking.
- Remove from the oven and cool; store in airtight containers.
- SUBSTITUTIONS: Try a variety of nuts, grains, seeds in this recipe, depending on your individual preferences.
- SERVING TIPS: Serve the granola layered in glass bowls with fresh fruit and yogurt.