Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Inspired by Toblerone Cheesecake, I've made this version totally gluten-free and some small adjustments better suited to ingredient size and availability. I made this cheesecake for Easter 2013 and decorated with mini candy coated Easter eggs. I use a 400 gram Toblerone chocolate for this cheesecake - 1/2 in filling and 1/2 grated for the topping. Toblerone is currently listed as being gluten-free on the Kraft website. Cheesecake is best made the day before serving. Cooking time does not include rest time.
- 125 g plain gluten-free cookies (I used a pack of Freelicious Tea Biscuits)
- 60 g butter, melted
- 1⁄8 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 500 g cream cheese, at room temperature (2 packets Philadelphia cream cheese)
- 300 ml thickened cream (or use double cream instead)
- 200 g Toblerone chocolate bars (1/2 large 400 gram sized Toblerone)
- 200 g Toblerone chocolate bars, coarsely grated
- Grease and Line the base and sides of a 22cm springform round pan with good quality baking paper.
- Crush the cookies finely using a food processor or as finely as possible using a rolling pin.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all of the cheesecake base ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Press the biscuit base mixture evenly into the base of the prepared pan. (If the mixture was not firm enough to hold together in the base, add a vary small amount of water and mix through). Refrigerate.
- For the cheesecake layer- blend the two packets of cream cheese using a mixer for approximately 3 minutes until soft and creamy.
- Add in the cream and melted chocolate and slowly blend until thoroughly combined and colour is even.
- Pour the chocolate cheese mixture over the base and smoothe over the top.
- Topping layer- coarsely grate the remaining 200 grams of Toblerone chocolate and gently sprinkle over the top of the cheesecake until even and total coverage is obtained.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from tin and serve (I placed small candy coated Easter eggs around the top of the cheesecake for Easter - be sure any decorations used are gluten-free if required for diet).