Recipe by Mia in Germany
This is the most simple pie I ever made... It got rave reviews, though. So if you want something refreshing, inexpensive, gluten free and fast, make this! I prefer unsweetened corn flakes, coconut oil and 85 % chocolate, but if you want it a bit sweeter, you can also use sweetened corn flakes and semi sweet chocolate. Depending on the fat and chocolate you use, the pie crust will be more or less hard; I found it best to layer the bottom of the spring form with non stick baking paper, so you can easily slip the pie onto an even plate. Use a sharp pointed knife to cut it. Cooking time is chilling time.
Top Review by PaulaG
You are so right, this is a very simple pie. Very refreshing and not overly sweet. I used regular corn flakes for the crust. I added in some additional coconut and since only had a small amount left, I opted to toast it and sprinkle over the pie. Using parchment paper really makes removal and plating so much easier. My DH said I could make this again anytime. Thanks Mia.
for the pie crust
- 150 g corn flakes
- 100 g butter or 100 g coconut oil
- 150 g bittersweet chocolate
for the filling
- 8 sheets white gelatin
- 500 g plain yogurt
- 75 g sugar
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 150 g dark chocolate, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- pie crust:.
- lightly crush the corn flakes in a plastic bag.
- slowly melt butter or coconut oil in a bain-marie, then add chocolate, stirring constantly until everything is melted and blended.
- dump corn flakes into the melted chocolate, mix well until all corn flakes are covered with the chocolate mixture.
- layer bottom of a 10 inch spring form with non stick baking paper, lighty grease the ring and pour batter into the form, press down and smooth with the back of a tablespoon.
- refrigerate for 2 or three hours.
- dissolve gelatine according to package directions.
- in a medium bowl, mix yoghurt, sugar and lemon juice.
- mix dissolved gelatine with some of the yoghurt, then stir into rest of the yoghurt.
- wait till yoghurt starts to thicken, then whip cream until it forms peaks and carefully fold into yoghurt.
- carefully stir in flaked coconut.
- pour onto chilled crust, smooth with back of a spoon and refrigerate for another two hours.
- finely chop semisweet or dark chocolate and sprinkle over chilled pie.
- carefully remove spring form ring and serve chilled.