Recipe by Danny's Diner
This is a compilation of a few different no bake cookie recipes I found and tweaked. This recipe made 40 tablespoon-size cookies. It would be easy to halve everything for fewer cookies. Almond milk can be substituted for milk to make this dairy-free, agave nectar for honey to make it vegan, and almond butter or sunflower seed butter for peanut butter.
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and continue to cook over a gentle boil for 90 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter and stir to melt.
- Add oats and vanilla and stir thoroughly to mix.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto nonstick surface (Silpat, wax paper, nonstick cookie sheet).
- Transfer to refrigerator and cool till set.
- * May sub almond milk for milk for dairy-free version.
- * May sub agave nectar for honey for vegan version.
- * May sub sunflower seed butter (nut-free) or almond butter for peanut butter.