Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
So cute, these chewy bars modeled after ice cream are a colourful addition to any cookie plate.
Make and share this Gluten-Free Neapolitan Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup gluten-free graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1 (11 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- For first layer, combine all ingredients and press into greased 9"x9" pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 10 minutes.
- For second layer, combine coconut with milk and spread over bottom layer.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 20 minutes and allow to cool.
- For third layer, beat all ingredients together, adding more juice if necessary.
- Spread over cooled bars and store at least one day in an airtight container before cutting.
Just a quick note that this recipe isn't gluten free as graham cracker crumbs have gluten in them...unless you purchase gluten free graham cracker crumbs!! The recipe does sound delicious though!