Recipe by katii
A very convincing look-alike, these cute and crisp icebox cookies are a colourful, creative treat.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 drop red food coloring
- 1⁄4 cup chopped candied cherry
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar together; beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir flour, baking powder, and salt together and mix inches.
- Divide dough into 3 equal parts, place each in a separate bowl.
- For first layer, mix in red food colouring (enough to make it pink) into one portion of dough mix in and chopped cherries.
- Pack into a 8*x4* parchment paper lined pan.
- For second layer, mix melted chocolate chips into one portion of dough; pack evenly over first layer.
- For third layer, mix coconut into final portion of dough; pack evenly over second layer.
- Wrap and chill overnight.
- Cut into slices 1/4" thick, then cut each slice into three pieces.
- Arrange on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 350* oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.