1/1 Photo of Gluten-Free Neapolitan Cookies
A very convincing look-alike, these cute and crisp icebox cookies are a colourful, creative treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 drop red food coloring
- 1/4 cup chopped candied cherry
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1Cream butter and sugar together; beat in egg and vanilla.
- 2Stir flour, baking powder, and salt together and mix inches.
- 3Divide dough into 3 equal parts, place each in a separate bowl.
- 4For first layer, mix in red food colouring (enough to make it pink) into one portion of dough mix in and chopped cherries.
- 5Pack into a 8*x4* parchment paper lined pan.
- 6For second layer, mix melted chocolate chips into one portion of dough; pack evenly over first layer.
- 7For third layer, mix coconut into final portion of dough; pack evenly over second layer.
- 8Wrap and chill overnight.
- 9Cut into slices 1/4" thick, then cut each slice into three pieces.
- 10Arrange on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 350* oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Neapolitan Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 42
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.5
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 49.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free baking powder