1/1 Photo of Gluten-Free Multigrain Miracle Bread
2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
What's Cooking?'s Note:
It is hard to believe that something as ordinary as a loaf of bread could nearly bring tears to my eyes - But that is what happened the other night when I sliced into the loaf of fresh-baked bread I had just pulled from the oven. I can't take full credit - It's based on a recipe by a woman named Laurie on the Celiac.com forums. But this is really some stellar bread - Hands down the best gluten-free bread I've had. It stays pliable and delicious without freezing or toasting. Don't skip out on the flaxseeds, they add nutrition and texture without too much "flaxy" taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup amaranth flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal (ground flax seeds)
- 3 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 additional egg whites
- 1 cup water, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- 2Sift the flours, yeast and all other dry ingredients together into a medium bowl. Stir in flax meal and combine.
- 3Combine the wet ingredients in a separate large bowl using a hand-mixer on low or medium speed. When fully combined, slowly add dry ingredient mixture and mix until fully blended, with no lumps. Scrape the sides regularly.
- 4Grease a 9x5" bread pan, and pour the dough into the pan. Turn off the oven and immediately place the pan in it. Do not open the door again, if possible. Allow the dough to rise for 90 minutes. It should rise to the very top of the pan.
- 5Increase heat to 350F and bake for approximately 40 minutes. The crust should be golden-brown. Allow to cool slightly before removing it from the pan to finish cooling. Do not slice until the bread is no longer hot.
- 6This loaf does not need to be frozen, but if there are leftovers after a few days, place slices in airtight bags and freeze.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Multigrain Miracle Bread
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.0
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 26.5 mg
- Sodium 186.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: