Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I came up with this recipe when I was looking for a simple moist gluten-free muffin with multigrain flours. I used a regular recipe and played around with it to get a tasty moist muffin that taste like regular muffins but with multigrain gluten free flours. For all purpose mix I use Gluten-Free Flour Mix Gluten-Free Flour Mix but I use brown rice flour in the mix. Coconut oil lends a nice perfumy natural sweetness that I reallly love but you can use any oil or butter you like.
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup almond flour
- 1⁄3 cup gluten-free rice flour mix
- 1⁄3 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 1/2 cup cupcake or muffin pan with lines.
- Mix mashed bananas, oil, egg and sugar in a large bowl. In a seperate medium bowl mix remaining 8 ingredients and whisk around to combine dry ingredients. Pour dry ingredients in wet and mix to combine fully.
- Fill cupcake pan about 2/3 way up and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick test comes out with just a few crumbs. They are moist.