Recipe by Chef Q in Oregon
i received this recipe from an email I get at www.livingwithout.com. You can make it dairy free as well, but in my case I didn't. These waffles are super fluffy and my kids loved them!
- 4 eggs
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (vegetable oil or butter, melted then cooled)
- 1 cup milk (cow's, plain-flavored rice,soy, hemp or almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup sorghum flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Beat eggs and sugar together in a mixing bowl until light and frothy. Add the oil, milk and vanilla, mix until well combined.
- 2. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- 3. Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat on low speed until well combined. Batter should be thick.
- 4. Spoon onto a hot, well-oiled waffle iron and cook 'till done.
- *TIP: Using an egg substitute isn't reccomended for this recipe.