Recipe by andypandy
I made these at Christmas and they are a hit in our household. I posted this on another site and forgot to post here, unbeleivable as this is always my first stop looking for my recipes.So now here it is. These are time tricky to bake, so watch carefully as with all gluten free they seem to brown so fast and the next thing you know gone just a tad to far. So I suggest that you time back a test cookie, to see how they spread and bake up, then cool to adjust the baking time also for final crispness.
- 1 1⁄2 cups thai rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teapoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all dry and sift.
- Combine shortening and sugar beat in mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the molasses and egg to the beaten shortening sugar mixture.
- Beat in the dry sifted ingredients until well combined.
- Roll into small balls, and roll in more granulated sugar.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 350 degrees for 9 to 12 minutes.