Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the perfect dessert to have in your back pocket when planning a luncheon or having friends over. The mangoes give the bread a moist texture, and the nuts add the extra crunch needed. The best thing is that it only takes 15 min to prepare! Serve it with vanilla ice cream or cream cheese on top, or even just on its own, and you have quite the impressive dish. It's so good, your friends won't even guess that its gluten free!
- 236.59 ml Bob's Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose baking flour (you can substitute with all purpose baking flour for a regluar recipe, and if you can tolerate glute)
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml coconut oil
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 large eggs
- 118.29 ml macadamia nuts or 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 300 g raw mangoes, pureed or 2-3 mangoes, depending on the size
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml cinnamon (optional)
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2) In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt (and cinnamon if added). Whisk well.
- 3) In another bowl separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- 4) With an electric beater (or by hand if you've got it in you) beat the egg whites until stiff.
- 5) Beat the yolks, adding in the oil, vanilla, and sugar.
- 6) Pour your wet yolk mixture into the flour and mix well.
- 7) Add the egg whites to the batter. Folding them in until smooth.
- 8) Mix in the mangoes and nuts into the batter.
- 9) Pour into 2 small greased loaf or cake pans.
- 10) Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
Very Bitter after taste, way too much baking powder ..3 teaspoons to 1cup of flour, ruined my mangos!
I found this to be a delightful bread. Super moist and not overly sweet.<br/>I added 1/2 tsp of Xantham gum and made the rest as per the recipe. <br/>I had to watch it towards the end of the baking time as it was getting quite brown. Some people may find they have to cover the top with baking paper<br/>Will make it again, but I think it needs something extra to lift the flavors.
My daughter and I just made this and give this two thumbs up! Not too sweet, we love that there is more fruit than flour & it's so moist.