Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A gluten free vegetarian recipe by Bette Hagman. The nuts and ricotta really give this burger the taste of chicken!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans and cashews)
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fresh gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup rice bran
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Beat the eggs slightly.
- Stir in the nuts, cheese, bread crumbs, onions, rice bran, parsley and seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Spoon in 4 patties, making them about 1/2" thick.
- Cook over medium high about four minutes each side or until crusty and brown.