Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
Adapted from my normal buttermilk pancake/waffle recipe, I like these results way better than any other recipe I've tried. If you can have dairy, you can omit the vinegar and almond milk and use up to 1.5 cups of buttermilk. You can also use any all-purpose g-free flour mix if you don't have just sorghum flour.
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups almond milk (or other non-dairy)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup teff flour or 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large measuring pitcher, pour the 2 Tbsp vinegar, then fill with almond milk to the 2-cup mark.
- Pour in the melted butter in to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat two eggs, then pour in the rest of the liquid ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients, and then combine wet and dry ingredients. (Or you can cheat like me and just put everything on top of the wet ingredients before you mix).
- Pour on a griddle or in a waffle iron and serve hot!