Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I have adapted this recipe from Yes Virginia there is a great meatloaf to be gluten free and half trukey. I also make a double to triple recipe of this at a time. This is the double.
- 3 lbs ground beef (usually 90%)
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 large vidalia onion
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 8 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar (sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- Combine meatloaf ingredients and place into loaf pans.
- smooth out top.
- Sauce: Combine sauce ingredients and pour on top of meatloaf.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour 30 minutes.
My husband was just diagnosed with Celiac and this was the first recipe that I tried. I substituted almond milk for the sweetened condensed milk because I was afraid it would give the meatloaf a sweet taste. It turned out great and my husband has said that it has to be a regular menu item!