Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
After taking advantage of a sale of gluten free products at my local supermarket I was left with a mass of sausages and mixes, and looking for something other than "bangers and mash" I decided to search for inspiration. This recipe was inspired by"Fluffy's" meatloaf-50393, it was my first experience of meatloaf but it will definately be becoming a regular on the family menu.
- 1 (6 ounce) box seasoned stuffing mix, gluten-free, sage and onion flavor
- 2 teaspoons gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb minced beef
- 1 lb gluten free pork sausage
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup gluten free barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Combine contents of stuffing mix with the milk, egg and Worcestershire sauce and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil, when translucent and soft add half to stuffing mixture, retainind other half for sauce topping.
- Remove sausagemeat from the skins and add to the minced beef, mix well until all meat is combined.
- Add to the stuffing and onion mix, blend well.
- Press into a loaf tin or four individual tins.
- Prepare mustard to maufacturers instructions, add to ketchup and BBQ sauce.
- Return remaining onion an garlic to the heat and gently stir in the sugar. When the sugar has melted add ketchup mix and cover the meat with sauce.
- Place tin or tins carefully in a Ban-Marie and bake for 45mins.
- Serve hot or cold.
What is there not to love? You had me at "meat" and then when it included, "loaf" this sent me right over the edge. What a great recipe, Wickle. I loved it! The whole farm loved it! Just right on the spices, seasonings, and perfectly moist. I didn't change one thing here. I thought it was a fabulous idea to saute' the veggies first, and add to meatloaf...you have a prize winner here, yes you do!