I originally found this recipe in an old Pillsbury cookbook and made it for years during the holiday season. I didn't make it for a couple of years after going gluten free and finally converted it this year. It was a great success and I have my favorite back on the holiday cookie tray!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 ounces maraschino cherries, drained and chopped (reserve juice)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line a 9X13 pan with tinfoil.
- 3In a large bowl, combine all crust ingredients. Mix until crumbly and well combined and press into bottom of ungreased foil lined pan.
- 4Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- 5In a small bowl, combine all filling ingredients and mix well.
- 6Pour over crust and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool.
- 7Combine all frosting ingredients except coconut. Beat until fluffy and spread over cooled bars.
- 8Sprinkle with coconut and cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Maraschino Cherry Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.4
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 86.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: