Recipe by mell_2
Inspired by this recipe http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2011/06/maple-sweetened-almond-zucchini-mini.html I followed almost to a tee but added more cinnamon, as we love cinnamon!
- 158.51 ml almond meal
- 118.29 ml quinoa (cereal flakes, not whole quinoa)
- 118.29 ml brown rice flour
- 59.14 ml tapioca starch
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml xanthan gum
- 3.69 ml sea salt
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 3.69 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 118.29 ml pure maple syrup
- 59.14 ml light olive oil
- 2 organic free-range eggs, beaten
- 14.79 ml bourbon vanilla
- 236.59 ml shredded zucchini, patted dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a mini-muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond meal, quinoa flakes, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, xanthan gum, sea salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add in the maple syrup, oil, beaten eggs, and vanilla. Beat the batter until it is smooth and slightly sticky.
- Add in the shredded zucchini and stir by hand to combine.
- Spoon the muffin batter into twenty-four mini-muffin cups. Don't worry about smoothing the tops. The bumpier the better.
- Bake in the center of a preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until the tops are golden and firm to the touch. A wooden pick inserted into the center should emerge clean.
- Cool the muffin pan on a wire rack for five minutes. Gently ease the muffins out of the pan to continue cooling on the rack (don't cool them in the hot pan- they'll get soggy).