Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Inspired by this recipe http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2011/06/maple-sweetened-almond-zucchini-mini.html I followed almost to a tee but added more cinnamon, as we love cinnamon!
- 2⁄3 cup almond meal
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa (cereal flakes, not whole quinoa)
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 2 organic free-range eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon bourbon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, patted dry
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a mini-muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond meal, quinoa flakes, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, xanthan gum, sea salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add in the maple syrup, oil, beaten eggs, and vanilla. Beat the batter until it is smooth and slightly sticky.
- Add in the shredded zucchini and stir by hand to combine.
- Spoon the muffin batter into twenty-four mini-muffin cups. Don't worry about smoothing the tops. The bumpier the better.
- Bake in the center of a preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until the tops are golden and firm to the touch. A wooden pick inserted into the center should emerge clean.
- Cool the muffin pan on a wire rack for five minutes. Gently ease the muffins out of the pan to continue cooling on the rack (don't cool them in the hot pan- they'll get soggy).