Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies have a lovely, subtle maple sweetness that comes from the maple sugar crystals. If you want more maple flavor, use 1 tsp maple extract instead of vanilla. Any sugar cookie frosting recipe will work. I simply creamed 1 stick of Earth Balance, added vanilla extract and a tad bit of soy milk and then added powdered sugar until it was a pretty firm frosting.
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml Earth Balance margarine
- 177.44 ml maple sugar crystals
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml fresh ground nutmeg
- 650.62 ml gluten-free baking mix (Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix)
- Cream butter and maple sugar crystals (or sugar) together, add egg and extract and beat together. Add Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix. Wrap dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out between two pieces of parchment paper until the dough is 1/4-inch thick. Cut out cookie shapes and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Leave space between the cookies, they will spread. Bake at 350° for approximately 10-12 minutes, edges should be light brown. Let cookies cool slightly and use spatula to remove from cookie sheet.
- Frost and enjoy!