Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese Gluten-Free doesn't mean we can't eat comfort food. This is easy to make.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk, of choice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 16 ounces gluten-free elbow macaroni
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Cook macaroni as directed on package, BUT, reduce cooking time so it is still firm. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in salt and pepper, remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk cornstarch and milk until smooth.
- Whisk milk mix into butter mix and blend well.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until thickened, (about 5 minutes), remove from heat.
- Stir 1 cup of the cheese into sauce until melted: reserve 1 cup of cheese for topping.
- Combine cheese mix with macaroni and spoon into prepared dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered 25 - 30 minutes or until cheese is toasted.
great consistence but I would add 1 cup more of milk and maybe 1 cup more of cheese but other wise its great!