Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Yes, both Gluten free and low GI! A good dish, I go heavy on the cilantro, and suggest using a wok if you have one. The time includes the marinading.
- 500 g pork legs, strips
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger
- 2 chilies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free cornflour
- 1 cup gluten-free vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- For the marinade, place pork strips, fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, ginger, chillies and garlic in a bowl. Toss well to combine and set aside, covered, in the refrigerator to marinate for 3 hours.
- For the dish, place noodles in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 minute. Drain. Separate noodles and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large wok or frying pan over high heat. Add half the pork strips and stir fry for 2 minutes until browned and just cooked through. Remove the pork from the pan, set aside on a plate. Repeat cooking the remaining pork in 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in the wok, add the red pepper, snow peas and celery and stir fry over high heat for 2 minutes. Add the rice noodles and mix.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornflour together with a little vegetable stock to form a paste. Gradually add the remaining vegetable stock until well blended. Pour over the vegetables and noodles, heating on high until thickened.
- Add the pork strips, cilantro and mint, stir for about 2 minutes or until heated through.