I thought I would post this, as none of the Zaar shortbread recipes show up under GF. This recipe comes from the Chelsea Sugar website, as they are now using maize cornflour for their icing sugar base. Any GF icing sugar will do.
- Preheat oven to 150 deg C.
- Soften but do not melt the butter.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth and well combined.
- Roll dough on a maize cornflour dusted surface to a 1 cm thickness. Cut into fingers or press out shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Place on a baking tray and prick with a fork.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until pale but crisp (longer slower baking is the trick with shortbread).
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
- For Christmas I am going to use almond essence instead of the lemon and dip one end in chocolate.