Recipe by YummySmellsca
A light, lemony cookie with pops of black poppyseed and a touch of texture from fine cornmeal. Adapted from http://www.parenting.com/article/gluten-free-easter-bunny-cookies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄4 cup yellow corn flour
- 2 tablespoons fine cornmeal
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl combine oil, almond milk, honey, vanilla and lemon zest.
- In a smaller bowl, combine almonds, flours, cornmeal and salt.
- Stir dry ingredients into the oil mixture, followed by poppy seeds.
- On a rice-flour dusted surface (or between sheets of wax paper), roll dough out to ¼” thickness and cut out shapes with your desired cookie cutter or small glass.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes. Cool completely on the sheets.