This I found on another web site, and I wanted to share it with the rest of you because I have heard about the deadly gluten alergies that some people have, and I just don't think that there are enough recipes for them.
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup brown rice flour, plus
- 2⁄3 cup potato flour
- 2⁄3 cup almond meal
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 teaspoons vegan egg replacer powder, whipped, with
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup silken tofu
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 4 teaspoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Finely shred rind from the lemons and squeeze 1/4 cup of juice.
- Mix dry ingredients together with lemon rind.
- Beat all wet ingredients together and add to dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a greased and lined 8"/20cm cake tin.
- Bake at 350°F/180°C for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour and a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool and ice/frost with cream cheese icing/frosting or lemon icing/frosting and top with flaked almonds or poppy seeds (optional).