Mia in Germany's Note:
These actually are Christmas cookies, but I made them all year. They are not really macaroons but are called "lemon bread" in Germany. I forgot how many cookies the recipe yields, but I remember I got really a lot. Store them in a cool place in an airtight container or they will get hard quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 3Fold in sifted powdered sugar and juicce of the 2 lemons.
- 4Fold in ground almonds and hazelnuts.
- 5With two teaspoons place little heaps onto greased cookie sheet. I'd recommend using baking paper or silicon sheets.
- 6Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 7While cookies are baking, you can prepare some lemon icing from lemon juice and powdered sugar. Ice cookies after removing from oven.
- 8Let cool completely and store in an airtight container in a cool place.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Lemon Macaroons
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 1.9 g