Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
These delicious mini-quiches are both satisfyingly sweet and savory. The nutty Gruyere and fresh earthy spices are perfectly balanced with the crust made from Pamela's Gluten Free Lemon Shortbread cookies. This recipe is easily doubled to make 36-40 mini quiches or one 9-inch pie (***see baking notes at bottom of recipe for whole pie.).
- 102.62 g packagelemon shortbread cookies (Pamela's Gluten-Free brand recommended)
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 118.29 ml milk
- 56.69 g gruyere cheese, shredded
- 59.14 ml red bell pepper, finely diced
- 59.14 ml yellow onion, finely diced
- 0.59 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme
- 2.46 ml fresh tarragon
- 118.29 ml turkey bacon (gluten-free, cooked and crumbled)
- Crush the cookies in food processor or large Ziplock bag, then stir in melted butter.
- Put 1 teaspoon cookie mixture into 18-22 mini tart or mini muffin cups. Tamp down with thumb or tart press to create a bottom crust.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients except the turkey bacon.
- Spoon about 1-2 Tablespoons of the mixture into each mini tart cup.
- Sprinkle turkey bacon over the tops of each quiche.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- If desired, broil 2-5 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- ***To bake a full pie: Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove foil and broil 2-5 minutes or until lightly browned on top.